Level 3 Physical Intervention Train the Trainer Course (5 Day Course)
An advanced training course in positive handling and use of force in schools that will allow attendees to train other staff. It is a fully health & safety compliant and legally defensible training that will safeguard your children and staff.
Duration and delivery
This is a full 5 day course. Delivery is flexible and can be covered over weekends, evenings and block-release days. Let us know your preferences and we will adapt the delivery accordingly to meet your needs.
Although the course covers some theoretical aspects, in the main it looks at the practical skills involved in de-escalation, breakaways and positive handling techniques. This is addressed through scenario-based activities.
Who should take this course?
The course is suitable for any institution that wishes to save time and money by intensively training a small number of staff, who will in turn train their colleagues.
In order to meet your health & safety requirements this course needs to be updated annually. This maintains competence and reduce ‘skills fade’. You also need to ensure your staff teaching physical restraint are updated with changes to legislation to ensure quality of provision in the teaching environment.
Candidates need to be sufficiently fit and able to take part.
By the end of the session staff will:
- be fully up-to-date with the law in relation to the use of force.
- have improved knowledge of effective and non-effective body language and non-verbal communication in relation to managing learner behaviour.
- be able to embed what they have learned into their working practices by demonstrating positive non-verbal communication to de-escalate situations, use good conflict management skills and be able to demonstrate these to others.
- be able to deal with situations more confidently and understand how good communication skills can prevent an escalation of challenging behaviour.
- have learned how to apply positive handling techniques in a safe and legal way and teach other staff these skills.
- be coached in, and carry out, the practical aspects of de-escalation, breakaways and practical application of positive handling.
- be able to teach others in safe positive handling techniques
All teachers will gain a Level 3 Physical Intervention Train the Trainer qualification awarded through NFPS (National Federation for Personal Safety). They will be able to teach physical intervention to other teachers within their school after the training.
Upcoming Training Courses
Sign-up for our spam-free newsletter to keep up to date with the latest from IBA, our training courses, special offers and industry news.
Bespoke Courses & Dates
You can book any of our courses to be run at a venue of your choosing. Let us know where and when you'd like the course to be run and we'll do our best to accommodate you.Contact us online
Call us: 01793 855090