Highfield Level 2 Award for Security Officers in the Private Security Industry (Top Up)
Security Officers and Security Guards who are renewing their SIA Licence after 1st October 2021 need to take this course.
Top-Up Training has brought in some additional training for your continuous professional development and will cover;
- principles of terror threat awareness
- minimising personal risk for security officers.
Select your course and book online:
This qualification consists of two units, which you must complete successfully in order to achieve the qualification, they are;
- Unit 1 – The Principles of Terror Threat Awareness in the Private Security Industry
- Mandatory online ACT Security e-learning course (1hr and 40 mins)
- 1 x Multiple Choice Exam – sat at exam centre (20 mins exam)
- Unit 2 – For Principles of Minimising Personal Risk for Security Officers in the Private Security Industry
- Completion of home-study workbook – assessed by centre (1hr and 30 mins)
- 1 x Multiple Choice Question Exam – sat at exam centre (30min exam)
This course is delivered by blended learning, with only one hour attendance to complete the 50 mins of Top Up Training Multiple Choice Exams (see above). So you can easily work this around your commitments.
NEW Entry Requirements from 1st April 2021
You must hold a Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work certificate (or above) which has at least 12 months to expire prior to starting this course. Evidence will be required upon enrolment of your current first aid certificate.
Don’t worry If you do not already hold a first aid qualification you can do this with us easily and just need to let us know so we also enrol you on the 4hrs of Emergency First Aid at Work course, and book you in to attend a practical session and send you the online learning course (2hrs approx.) so you can complete it at home to achieve the Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work qualification. We have lots of dates available, and this must be successfully achieved before you do the Security Officer exams.
Entry Requirements – English Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing
Security operatives are, in the course of their work, required to make calls to the emergency services, and communicate clearly to resolve conflict. It is therefore expected security operatives are able to communicate clearly. All learners are therefore required to demonstrate a good grasp of the English language, as assessments are only available in this language. This may involve completing a short assessment prior to enrolment. Minimum age of 18 as you have to have held an SIA license to do this course (within last 3 years)
If you have not held an SIA license in the last 3 years you must complete a new SIA course and cannot just do the TOP UP training. So, if you have any questions about this please let us know.
Photo and ID Requirements
You will need to bring ID with you to be able to sit the exams. If you have a current Passport and a photo driving licence these will be ideal. Please refer to the ID requirements sheet which you will be sent with your joining instructions to make sure you will have the correct and sufficient amount of ID to be able to do the course and sit the exams.
On receipt of your completed enrolment form and course fees, you will receive detailed and informative instructions and enrolments for all online learning access, and the workbooks will be sent to you. This will include PDF copies of the distance learning workbooks you will need to complete prior to attendance for the exams. These are mandatory. If you do not send the workbooks back prior to the exam you will not be able to sit the exams.
In the unfortunate event you have to cancel your course a cancellation fee may apply. Cancellation fees are as follows;
- Once online learning courses have been issued – £25.00 will be retained to cover costs. You can pay a deposit of £25 towards your course fees and we will enrol you on the self-study. Pay the balance 7 days before your course starts.
- Cancellation within 14 days of the start date: 50% of course fee applies.
- Cancellation within 7 days of course start date or non-attendance: full course fee applies.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- If you defer to a later attendance for first aid and exams we will roll your fees to a later date within the next year. i.e. Covid, sickness, work commitments etc.
Upon successful completion learners may wish to continue their development via the completion of any of the sign-posted qualifications/training:
Top-Up £55 plus vat for the Emergency First Aid at Work
Payment details: By BACS using online banking, or by cash or debit/credit card. The full course fee will be due on enrolment. We can invoice your company if they are paying. In certain circumstances we may accept a deposit to secure a space on a course. Please ask us for payment options.
Upcoming Training Courses
Sign-up for our spam-free newsletter to keep up to date with the latest from IBA, our training courses, special offers and industry news.
Bespoke Courses & Dates
You can book any of our courses to be run at a venue of your choosing. Let us know where and when you'd like the course to be run and we'll do our best to accommodate you.Contact us online
Call us: 01793 855090