In order to secure your course you must pay us costs in full, or subject to agreement, in part, with the remainder due before the course start date.
Customers may apply for a place on the course with us via the website or by emailing us at email@example.com, however, an enquiry or reservation without payment is not a confirmation of enrolment. Customers will be allowed to join the training depending on the size of the class room available, if the class room is full, customers may be asked to attend the following course.
Where a training course is offered at a discount from our list price, the discounted price offered is subject to payment with booking and availability of places.
Payment can be made by online banking, Visa, MasterCard or bank transfer. Bank details are available upon request.
IBAUK Ltd reserves the right to change prices without notice.
It is a requirement for the student to communicate effectively in English, to comply with SIA and Awarding Body requirements, the trainer will assess your level of your English before the start of the course, if this requirement is not met you will not be allowed to attend the course, advised of alternative suitable training options, or signposted to help with improving your literacy skills.
Cancellations and refunds
If you need to cancel or amend the course booking
- If you need to cancel or amend a confirmed booking, cancellation/amendment charges may incur.
- Providing a learner or company with a full or part refund will be considered depending on whether any training has already been undertaken and If learners have already been provided with or commence any element of the learning including e-learning courses, pre-study materials etc. and whether any costs were incurred.
Rescheduling your course
- If you are unable to attend on the scheduled course date reserved, you must notify us prior to the course start date. If you do, we will agree to reschedule the course date with you for any course date within the next 6 months, at the same location, subject to availability. There will be a fee of £120 for this.
- A reschedule request must be sent to us either via telephone or email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours before the start of the course. We only allow a maximum of 2 reschedules per booking. You will be required to complete a new booking if you do not attend the course within 6 months of the initial course start date.
- If you do not contact us and reschedule your course before it starts or fail to attend the course you have booked, regardless of the whether you or your employer paid, you will be required to make and pay for a new booking if you wish to take the course in the future
- In exceptional circumstances we may reschedule your course, or offer you alternative dates/course options, in the event of unforeseen circumstances and at the discretion of the training provider.
Insufficient ID brought to the course and lateness and absences
- It is a legal requirement to have ID on you at all times during your training. If you do not bring the required IDs to your course, you will need to be rescheduled onto another course and you will be charged a £120 rescheduling fee.
- If you are going to be late to the course, you must contact us immediately. If you are going to be substantially late to the course, you will have to be rescheduled onto another course. You will be charged a £120 rescheduling fee for this.
- If you are unable to attend a day of the course once a course has commended you will have to be rescheduled onto another course. You will be charged a £120 rescheduling fee for this.
Cancelling your course
- Our courses are refundable upto 14 days prior to the course start date. You can receive a full refund if you inform us within 24 hours of booking of your intention to cancel, and you will be refunded the amount paid for the course. Courses cancelled after 24 hours of booking may not be eligible for a refund.
- If you have paid a deposit and fail to notify of non-attendance, you are not eligible for a reschedule. Then you will not receive a reimbursement of your deposit and the remaining payment will be due.
- In the event of non-attendance where payment has been received, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- If you have to cancel your course due to a medical reason, we would require evidence i.e Doctor’s letter. A handling and administration fee of £90 would be charged or deducted from your order amount when you require a refund due to a medical reason.
Cancellations to courses by the Training Provider
- If we cancel a course, you are eligible for a full refund for the cancelled course. If we undertake a literacy test and you are unable to pass it, you will be given a refund. A handling and administration fee of £90 will be deducted from your order amount.
- We operate a no refund and no cancellation policy for discounted courses.
- Courses arranged specifically to train staff members or candidates from the same organisation fall in this category. Full Payment must be received 14 working days before course start date.
- All corporate/in-house bookings are non-refundable in the event of a cancellation by the customer or failure to pay the total due amount in full .
- In exceptional circumstances we may agree to reschedule course dates for employees at the training provider’s discretion.
We comply with the law and operates the following refund policy in respect of the cancellation of individual course bookings.
If a course is run exclusively for a Corporate Customer – at a training provider’s premises, on a customer site or any other alternative venue – the same refund terms apply in the event of cancellation, but an alternative course date can be arranged by agreement.
- You must attend the resit session you book. If you fail to attend the session on time, you will lose any resit fees paid.
- If a customer cannot attend a booked resit then they need to inform us at least 72 hours before the resit.
- In instances where unlimited resits are included in the purchased package, customers are required to turn up to booked resits as a condition of the unlimited results. If a customer fails to attend to a booked resit then they will forfeit the right to any further resits as part of their purchased package. Any further resits would therefore be charged at the standard resit price of £90.
- IBAUK offer all customers two free resits per exam, provided they attend a future course exam session. Learners must take all resits within 12 months of the date of purchase of the course, or before new course material is introduced by the Awarding Body, whichever is the sooner.
- The awarding body introduces new course material and exam content every 5 years. Therefore resits can only be claimed against the resit relating to the specific course material and exam taken. Please check with the Awarding Body to ascertain the period after which old course resits are no longer valid or available. Any resits booked after 12 months from the date of purchase will incur the standard £90 resit fee.
- Old course resits for SIA courses sat prior to April 2021 are no longer available. Learners will need to attend a new SIA course for the role from 1st September in order to obtain the relevant qualification for the role they wish to undertake.
Course Changes and cancelled courses
In the unlikely event it becomes necessary to change your course, in total or in part, we will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible of any necessary changes. You shall have the choice of:
- Accepting the changed arrangements;
- Or purchasing another course from us (and paying or receiving a refund in respect of any differences);
- Or cancelling your course and receiving a full refund of all payments made.
Outcomes of Training
- Assessments are marked by the training provider’s awarding organisation, and results are made available in 14 working days of completing the course/sitting the exam, there may be a further delay in exam results by the awarding body. The results are provided by us as soon as they are received by email.
- IBAUK Ltd will not be liable for any kind of loss in case of a delay in result by the trainer or the nominated awarding organisation.
Upcoming Training Courses
Sign-up for our spam-free newsletter to keep up to date with the latest from IBA, our training courses, special offers and industry news.
Bespoke Courses & Dates
You can book any of our courses to be run at a venue of your choosing. Let us know where and when you'd like the course to be run and we'll do our best to accommodate you.Contact us online
Call us: 01793 855090