Using tried and tested hands-on techniques, participants on the first aid courses will quickly gain confidence in dealing with real scenarios.
We offer the following options, which all meet the requirements of the First Aid Regulations 1981. In addition, the Level 3 Award in First Aid Response, fully meets the requirements for SIA Close Protection re-licensing for a First Aid qualification:
1 Day – First Aid at Work – offers certificated first aid training suitable for all workplaces which meets requirements of First Aid Regulations 1981.
3 Day – Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work – offers a more comprehensive certificated first aid training applied to a greater range of workplace situations. Three options are available:
- HABC Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work(pdf) or docx
- HABC Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- HABC Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work Requalification (pdf) or in docx
3Day (including E-Course) Level 3 Award in First Aid Response – is suited to SIA licensed Close Protection Officers and other SIA licensed Security Officers. Event Stewards, Event First Aiders and SIA licensed Door Supervisors wanting a qualification which includes AED (Defibrillator) training.
- Practical observation. The practical assessment of learners for the qualification is completed throughout the course delivery. This ongoing assessment will involve learners demonstrating practical first aid skills across a number of areas. The recording of assessment will be via the HABC QCF Assessment Pack – Practical.
- Written/Oral questioning. Learners are required to answer a series of questions ensuring their understanding of the theory content is sufficient to meet the required standard. Oral questioning can be used to extract further information for these questions during the practical assessments, with the tutor documenting the responses, or when needing to supplement learners’ written responses, according to individual learners’ needs. The recording of assessment will be via the HABC QCF Assessment Pack – Theory.
- Accident Report Form. Learners are required to show evidence they are able to complete an accident report form. The recording of assessment will be via the HABC Accident Report Form.
Check our web-diary for dates of forthcoming courses or call us on 01793 855090 or email email@example.com for an information sheet.
For more information on the First Aid for Close Protection Operatives go to the SIA website at; http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/training-cp.aspx
Upcoming Training Courses
Sign-up for our spam-free newsletter to keep up to date with the latest from IBA, our training courses, special offers and industry news.
Bespoke Courses & Dates
You can book any of our courses to be run at a venue of your choosing. Let us know where and when you'd like the course to be run and we'll do our best to accommodate you.Contact us online
Call us: 01793 855090