This course is designed to help you and your business understand how to prevent and control infection, including coronavirus, and why it is important to do so.
It provides essential information and practical guidelines for anyone working within an environment where there is a risk of infection.
Who should take this course?
This course can be used as a stand-alone module or as part of an induction programme and may be particularly useful for apprentices. It is ideal for:
- staff returning to work, who want the knowledge of how to stay safe in the workplace and prevent infection.
- senior management & HR teams, who want to provide a learning resource for staff and create a safe working environment
How long does the course take?
Most trainees will complete the course in 20 – 40 minutes.
What do you need to carry out the course?
No prior knowledge is needed.
The e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Learners simply log on and work their way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide them with real-life context.
How is the course assessed and accredited?
The course provides the teaching and materials necessary for CPD and training purposes. Multiple-choice questions are provided so that learners can test their knowledge and understanding. However, please note that this is not the same as accreditation.
If a learner wishes to accredit this learning, he/she will need to take an examination with the appropriate board and be supervised remotely. These services are available from IBA UK at a reasonable rate – please contact us for details.
What does the course cover?
The course will help trainees understand how to:
- Combat pathogenic microorganisms.Understand what pathogenic microorganisms are and how you can manage them.
- Protect the vulnerable. Grasp the ins and outs of personal licensing and why you need it.
- Reduce the risk of infection. Be in the best possible position to apply for your premises licence.
- Address personal hygiene. Understand the measures required to ensure the protection of children.
- Use PPE effectively. Getting the right knowledge and don’t stress about the organisation of events.
- Safely handle waste. Know the importance of following alcohol retailing responsibility regulations.
The course now includes up-to-date information on coronavirus COVID-19. Learn what COVID-19 is, what the symptoms are and how we can protect ourselves.
The price of training reduces with the number of learners you book with us. The more you book, the more you save! Please call us for details.
Course prices do not include accreditation. If you wish to gain accreditation for the course, we can arrange for exam board registration and remote invigilation for the assessment. Contact us for details.
Upcoming Training Courses
There are no upcoming events.
Sign-up for our spam-free newsletter to keep up to date with the latest from IBA, our training courses, special offers and industry news.
Bespoke Courses & Dates
You can book any of our courses to be run at a venue of your choosing. Let us know where and when you'd like the course to be run and we'll do our best to accommodate you.Contact us online
Call us: 01793 855090