A licensed premises must provide the mandatory 2 hours training to staff responsible for selling and serving alcohol in Scotland. This course is a cost-effective and convenient way of getting that training.
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for those looking for needing to aquire the 2 hour mandatory training for alcohol regualtions in Scotland. This may include those working in hospitality, bars, retail and on or off-licences.
This is the ideal course for:
- alcohol-serving staff in Scotland who work in a restaurant, bar or events setting
- staff selling alcohol in Scotland who are working in a shop, supermarket or hospitality setting
- anyone in the food industry
It is also recommended for any workers who require food safety training to understand their responsibilities.
- Understand licensing law and enforcement – Ensure an understanding of the required laws and enforcement of licensing.
- Know the types of licences needed to sell alcohol – Grasp the ins and outs of alcohol licensing and why you need it.
- Learn the imporance of licensing standards officers – Understand the functions of Licensing Standards Officers, including their powers of entry.
- Introduction of operating plans and licensing conditions – Learn the nature of operating plans within the licensing system and the types of premises conditions.
- Ensure the protection of children on your premises – Understand the measures required to ensure the protection of children.
- Ensure social responsiblity in retailing and serving – Know the importance of following alcohol retailing responsibility regulations.
- Endorsed. Highfield endorsed course with instant access to a PDF certifcate.
- Self paced. Learners learn at their own pace anytime using our online platform.
- 4-5 hours average. Get up to speed in just a few hours – no prior knowledge needed.
- Accessible. Available on a wide range of devices, includes audio, video and transcripts.
- Interactive exercises. Learners and employees engaged with interactive exercises.
- Written by experts. Content created by industry and subject matter experts
Upcoming Training Courses
Sign-up for our spam-free newsletter to keep up to date with the latest from IBA, our training courses, special offers and industry news.