The standard course that we offer is the Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry (QCF)
Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry (QCF)
this qualification has been developed to meet the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA). It is based on the relevant SIA Specifications for Learning and Qualifications and provides the learner with the necessary knowledge and understanding to apply for an SIA licence and work as a security guard within the Private Security Industry
This qualification must be undertaken over a minimum of 3 days.
The course is assessed through 3 multiple-choice examinations. Module 1 is 40 minutes, Module 2 is1 hour, Module 3 is 40 minutes.
Module 1 – Working in the Private Security Industry
- The private security industry
- Legislation relevant to the private security industry
- Relevant aspects of health and safety
- Fire safety
- Dealing with non-fire-related workplace emergencies
- Effective communication and customer care
Module 2 – Working as a Security Officer
- The role of a security officer within the private security industry
- Controlling access to and egress from a site.
- Basic search procedures
- Understanding different types of technology, security and monitoring systems
- Security officers and the law
- Reporting and record keeping.
Module 3 – Conflict Management for a Security Officer
- Conflict management
- Recognising, assessing and reducing risk in conflict situations
- Communicating effectively in emotive situations and de-escalating conflict
- Problem-solving strategies for resolving conflict
- Good practice to follow after conflict situations
CALL US NOW TO ENROL ON 01793 855090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on how to set up and Register for an account with the SIA for a SIA Manned Guarding licence watch the video below.
And for more information see our document here.
Upcoming Training Courses
Sign-up for our spam-free newsletter to keep up to date with the latest from IBA, our training courses, special offers and industry news.
Bespoke Courses & Dates
You can book any of our courses to be run at a venue of your choosing. Let us know where and when you'd like the course to be run and we'll do our best to accommodate you.Contact us online
Call us: 01793 855090