On this course, learners will gain a wide range of knowledge of health and safety law, the hazards present in a workplace and how to implement effective and necessary controls. It will equip learners with the skills necessary for the effective supervision of staff. It also focuses on the importance of the health and safety culture of a business, which is invaluable preparation for those looking to gain a Level 3 qualification.
Learners are expected to take approximately 30 hours to complete this course.
Who should take this course?
This e-learning course is intended principally for those who work in a supervisory or managerial role and is also ideal for anyone looking to achieve a Level 3 Health and Safety qualification.
The 11 easy-to-manage training modules included in this course cover the key syllabus of Level 3 Health and Safety qualifications. Each module has a total of 5 multiple-choice questions at the end to test learner knowledge. These modules include:
- Introduction to health and safety
- Accidents, injuries and work-related health
- Legal aspects of health and safety
- Risk assessment
- Hazardous substances (COSHH)
- The workplace
- Using equipment safely
- Fire safety
- Ergonomics, manual handling and display screen equipment
- Measuring and monitoring performance
- The role of line managers and supervisors