On completion of the course, the system produces a personalised HABC-commended Level 1 Certificate in Food Safety. Those taking this e-learning course will engage in approximately three guided learning hours of training. Their knowledge will be tested by a series of multiple-choice questions upon the completion of each of the modules.
Who should take this course?
The course is also ideal for those staff members undergoing induction and awareness training, and suitable for anyone taking a Level 1 food safety qualification in catering, manufacturing or retail.
The training modules included in this course cover the key syllabus of Level 1 Food Safety qualifications. These modules include:
- Introduction to food safety
- Microbiological hazards
- Food poisoning and its control
- Contamination hazards and controls
- Safe handling and storage of food
- Personal hygiene
- Food pests and pest control
- Cleaning and disinfection