This CPD accredited food safety e-learning course meets all mandatory training requirements for a Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering (RQF).
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for those who work in a catering environment. This may include restaurants, cafes, hotels, bars, fast-food outlets, takeaways, mobile food trucks, kitchens, hospitals, schools and colleges.
It’s the ideal course for:
- kitchen staff who need to know how to prepare food safely
- food servers who need to know how to serve food safely
How long does the course take?
Most trainees will complete the course in 4 -6 hours.
How is the course assessed and accredited?
The course provides the teaching and materials necessary for CPD and training purposes. Multiple-choice questions are provided so that learners can test their knowledge and understanding. However, please note that this is not the same as accreditation.
If a learner wishes to accredit this learning, he/she will need to take an examination with the appropriate board and be supervised remotely. These services are available from IBA UK at a reasonable rate – please contact us for details.
What do you need to carry out the course?
No prior knowledge is needed.
The e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Learners simply log on and work their way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide them with real-life context.
What does the course cover?
- Improve your food safety. Ensure knowledge of food safety among all staff is at the required level.
- Combat microbiological hazards. Understand microbiological hazards and how to manage and reduce them.
- Avoid food poisoning. Get to grips with how food poising occurs, and the measures needed to prevent it.
- Control contamination hazards. Learn the essentials on contamination control and how to implement preventative measures.
- Address personal hygiene. Food handlers have a responsibility to observe high standards of personal hygiene.
- Handle cleaning and disinfection. Improve knowledge of how to effectively clean and disinfect your food preparation areas.
- Control pests. Don’t let pests become a menace, find out how to prevent a pest problem.
- Safely handle and store food. Know the best way to stock and handle food to preserve the highest quality.
- Food safety management systems. Learn how to successfully implement food safety management systems such as HACCP.
The price of training reduces with the number of learners you book with us. The more you book, the more you save! Please call us for details.
Course prices do not include accreditation. If you wish to gain accreditation for the course, we can arrange for exam board registration and remote invigilation for the assessment. Contact us for details.
Upcoming Training Courses
Sign-up for our spam-free newsletter to keep up to date with the latest from IBA, our training courses, special offers and industry news.
Bespoke Courses & Dates
You can book any of our courses to be run at a venue of your choosing. Let us know where and when you'd like the course to be run and we'll do our best to accommodate you.Contact us online
Call us: 01793 855090