The course runs from 8:30 – 17:30 on each day.
This course is required for door supervisors who completed their SIA qualification before the QCF course and are looking to renew their licence. After you have completed the sessions and passed the exam, you can apply for your renewed SIA licence.
Who should take this course?
You will need to take this extra training if:
- your qualification was awarded before June 2010, or your qualification was awarded between June and September 2010 and your training course did not include the physical intervention skills module.
You do not need to take this extra training if:
- your qualification was awarded after September 2010, or, your qualification certificate says “[Awarding body name] Level 2 Award in Door Supervision (QCF)”.
Unit 1: Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry
- Physical interventions and their legal and professional implications
- Reducing the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used
- Non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others
- Non-pain related standing holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills
- Best practice following physical interventions
Unit 2: Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors
- Counter terrorism issues relevant to Door Supervisors
- The role of the Door Supervisor in first aid situations
- Legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to Door Supervisors
All delegates are required to demonstrate a good grasp of the English language, as assessments are only available in this language. This may involve completing a short assessment prior to enrolment. This qualification is aimed at learners aged over 18, due to age restrictions on applying for a licence.
2 days training on the Physical Intervention unit, plus home study before attending this training. Courses are delivered over one weekend. (Saturday & Sunday).
For further details, including assessment, instructions for joining the course, cancellations and Photo’ID requirements, please see the Course Page.
Upcoming Training Courses
Sign-up for our spam-free newsletter to keep up to date with the latest from IBA, our training courses, special offers and industry news.