This is the Blended Learning Evening Course option for this course.
This option requires you to complete an e-course before attending the practical session on one of the dates below. They are ideal for you if you require the EFAW as an entry level qualification to enroll on the SIA courses. They are flexible and you will have access to the e-course as soon as you have booked and paid for your course.
About the qualification
This qualification is designed for those learners already working or preparing to work in industry and that have been identified within the company’s risk assessment of First Aid.
The objective of this qualification is to support learners in becoming emergency first aiders in the workplace.
The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider and how to assess an incident. The qualification also covers first aid skills in CPR and use of an AED, providing first aid to a casualty who is choking and dealing with external bleeding and hypovolaemic shock.
This qualification consists of one mandatory unit:
Unit 1 – Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- be able to assess an incident be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- know how to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
Learners are required to be 16 years of age prior to certification. It is also advised that learners have a minimum of level 1 in literacy and numeracy
Upcoming Training Courses
Sign-up for our spam-free newsletter to keep up to date with the latest from IBA, our training courses, special offers and industry news.